Sunday, January 4, 2009

The days of our lives...

It’s Sunday morning and I’m up with Miles. He was fussy earlier, but only because he’s teething.

Yea, lucky for him (and us) he’s teething considerably early as he just turned three months old yesterday. Great… But after a feeding and some Tylenol he was pretty content so I put him down.

As Miles was catching some Z’s in his swing I was reading the paper (Ahh... a nice, quiet Sunday morning).


Eventually he gurgled, which caused me to interrupt the article I was immersed in. As I stared at him - and his ever growing body – while he stretched and cooed (super cute…), I had one of those moments of shock, Katy and I are pretty sure every first time parent has: Holy sh*t; that’s my kid; I’m a responsible parent; he’s going to be with us for a long time; he’s going to grow up, have opinions, ideas, thoughts, growing pains….

If only there was a Tylenol for all the growing pains - for him and us - to come….

1 comment:

Matt said...

Wonderful times (not the teething, the admiring of your child). I do think every parent has the thoughts as you describe, although I would add a question mark to the end of "I’m a responsible parent" in my case.

I don't have to tell you to enjoy these times, but I will: Enjoy these times ... (again, maybe not so much the teething).