Friday, November 13, 2009

She may never leave us alone again

Last weekend, Katy spent most of her time working at a trade show, which meant I spent most of the weekend as the solo provider of parental support and guidance for Miles.

I'm happy to report we made it through the weekend with Miles' health and well-being still intact.

When I got home from work the following Monday, I asked Katy how the day went, to which she responded, "fine.. did you scream a lot in the car over the weekend?"

I could tell there was a motive here, but what?... "You mean like, yell at other drivers?"

"No; like scream, scream."

Hmm.. my quick jog through my poor excuse for short-term memory turned up no recollection of random screaming in the car... "No, why?"

"Miles did a lot of random screaming everytime we were in the car. I thought maybe you guys were playing a game."

Right at that moment, as if on cue, Miles looked up from his Cheerios and blurted, "baah! ya! ya! ya!," in a loud sort of happy scream.

And, without even thinking I responded with, "blah! blah! blaaaah!"

"Aaaaagghhhh!"

"Blaaaaahhhhh!"

"Eeeeeeeee haa!"

What can I say, it's a groovy kind of love.

2 comments:

Matt said...

I really wish there was a "Like" button. I like this post!

becky said...

busted!