Monday, June 15, 2009

Best Impression

As I sit alone at home for the first time - I can remember anyway - in a long time, I'm going to pound out a blog entry for the first time in long time. (Enter: "choose your witty comment about how this isn't a coincidence.")

You see, as we're discovering, growing into parenthood is a wonderfully overwhelming experience.

As any parent will tell you, parenting truly runs the gamut of emotions, experiences and responsibilities. All of which normally leaves me speechless* by the time Miles goes to bed each night. (*And, by speechless, I mean totally mentally spent.)

But, never before have I felt so speechless*. Likewise, never before have I played a significant part in the life of a developing eight-month-old.

Furthering my bout with speechlessness, I can't seem to find the words that would do justice in explaining what it's like to bear witness to growth of my Lil' Man.

To shed some light on how this currently tongue-tying journey makes me feel, last week marked a watershed week in my professional career. I lead a couple high-profile media days for the upcoming 2009 PGA Championship on Tuesday and for celebrity chef, Wolfgang Puck on Friday. Exciting and fun work that, when all said and done, will accumulate more than 5 million consumer impressions.

(Miles and Wolfgang Puck)

Yet, the best impression of the week in the Tepley household, in our opinion, was still made by its smallest member. Miles finally cut his first little tooth this past Sunday. Quite the memorable moment.

3 comments:

Sarah and Jeremy said...

Glad to see an entry again! Now I want to see a pic of that little tooth!!!

becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
becky said...

what a cutie!